I am so excited to say that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Trina (itsgoodtobecrazysometimes). It is my first ever award nomination and I am over the moon about it – which human does not like some good old validation? But seriously, a really big thank you and hug to Trina. Do check her out, she is a very funny and kind person and her positivity regardless of what life throws her way is inspiring. My favorite posts of hers are the parenting moments she shares, they will always leave you smiling and make your day. Here are a couple of my favorites:
1. Write a blog post about your nomination, displaying an image of the award.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
3. Answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blog post.
4. Nominate 5 to 11 other new bloggers who you think deserve this award and come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer.
5. List these rules in your blog post.
Now onto the questions Trina asked me:
1. What film or TV programme sums up your life today?
Please do not judge me but I feel like the main lead Tanaka in the Japanese anime Tanaka-kun is Always Listless. All I have done today is lie in bed, eat Domino’s and watch TV and you can see the likeness to the character’s description below:
A listless student who is always dozing and acts exhausted when awake. He can sleep in almost any location, but prefers to be outside when he does so. His uncaring, sleepy nature forces Ohta (a fellow classmate) to carry him to and from multiple locations quite often.
2. What do you have to take with you when leaving the house?
My phone and my portable charger. I know it is so boring but my phone’s my lifeline! It has my music, social media, videos, etc. and I am writing this very blog post from it (though it is from the comfort of my bed).
3. Do you have a go to place to be quiet and think?
I can never be quiet and think. I just mope around in my bedroom watching YouTube and listening to music. Thinking leaves me with more questions than answers and more anxiety than peace.
4. Favourite place to go?
Restaurants. I love food. I just narrowly love my family and friends more. But then my favourite activity is to go to restaurants with my family or friends [Yo! Sushi ;)].
5. If you were on masterchef was one dish would you cook to impress?
I would boil water since the judges would be impressed with my ability to manage to burn that. Though seriously, I am an extremely mediocre cook. I have yet to give anyone food poisoning and I consider that to be better than winning Masterchef.
6. Would you ever go on a court TV show?
I barely listen to my mother, as if I am going to listen to what Judge Judy is going to tell me.
7. If you were to go on a talent show what would be your talent?
Talking. Because I am allegedly so talkative I can talk someone’s ears off. Or cheerfulness because even my friends get annoyed with how cheerful I can be at times.
8. Big brother or I’m a Celebrity?
Big Brother, hands down. I refuse to eat maggots.
9. How would you describe yourself in 5 words?
Manage me, I’m a mess
It is the opening line from the song Weightless by All Time Low. That song is my national anthem. My friend just read this question and this was her response, “I don’t need five words, I just need one – flawless.” :D
10. When was the last time you tried something new?
I tried the dish Pork Knuckle in Austria a couple of days ago and it was far from delectable for me.
11. If you were a genie and someone said I wish you would not grant me this wish what would you do?
I would flip off the person for hurting my brain (do genies have brains?), declare my retirement and move to Hawaii without granting any sort of wish. The very same friend before who is nosily reading these questions says she would just say bye Felicia and leave.
Here are my nominations for the Liebster award! These are bloggers I follow and enjoy and I hope others do too:
http://www.hamishjoy.com/ – He is dangerous and armed with an endless number of puns to shoot you down with laughter. His twitter account is equally hilarious and makes for a great banter partner.
https://mokshashots.wordpress.com/ – Jenny is a stunning artist and this is her latest work – a series of satirical, surrealist, psychedelic and hilarious comics and there is not a single comic I have not loved.
https://novegansallowed.com/ – Possibly one of the funniest bloggers out there. Reminds me so much of blogs like Hyperbole and a Half, and Problems with Infinity and this is a follow you will not regret.
https://wannabecomic.wordpress.com/ – Exactly my brand of humour, completely random but quite witty!
https://kathrynplayer12.wordpress.com/ – She is funny, accomplished and I thoroughly enjoy this blog. I would call it the one-woman 9gag since my favourite posts are her pictures with hilarious captions.
https://blacklabellogic.wordpress.com/ – Now this is a blog you should follow to become more knowledgeable about world issues and enrich your minds.
I will probably add a few more names over the next couple of days as I go through the people I follow.
To my fellow nominees, here are some questions I would like you guys to answer in your own blog post for this award:
- If you could be a vegetable, which one would you be?
- What would the name of your debut album be?
- If a sloth drives by in a car wearing a sombrero, what would the sloth say to you and how would you reply?
- What would you find in your refrigerator right now?
- Describe the latest photo in your phone’s gallery.
- What is a weird habit that you have?
- What is your favourite means of procrastination?
- If someone wrote a biography about you, what would the title of it be?
- If I gave you a box of Lego now, what would you try to construct?
- For one day, which person (living or dead) would you like to trade lives with?
- Is there a grammar rule or word spelling that still vexes you till today?
I hope you guys accept the award and I look forward to reading your responses!